View previous topic :: View next topic  
jarilo
Guild Master

re: Are YOU ready to RAID? "Taken from NFXs post from old s

Ok well I said I will post abit around the forums so i'll begin with this.

When raiding EVERYONE should have the following - Potions / flasks. Food. Oils. Drink

Now when I say food I dont mean "Hey mage geif food" I mean the food you can get from any cook level 300+ which gives you a well fed bonus, The following foods are examples:

Warlocks / Mages / Shadow priests:

Blackened Basilisk - gives you +23spell damage and 30 spirit for 30minutes. Mats are "Chunk o' Basillisk" you can find these mats in in terrokar forest. has around a 60% drop rate, so 30minutes of grinding will give you plenty for a nights raid.

Rogues / Hunters

Grilled Mudfish - +20agi and spirit for 30minutes, granted that rogues dont need the spirit however most foods come with it. Mats are "Figluster's mudfish" you will get this by fishing or by buying on AH, either way its needed for that extra dps.

Warp burger - +20agi and spirit for 30minutes, Mats are "Warped flesh" I cant remember exactly where the best place is to farm for this however it is farmable.

Priests(Holy) / Paladins (Holy) / Druids (Holy) / Shamans (Holy)

Golden Fish Sticks - +44healing spells +20spirit for 30minutes, Mats are "Golden darter" Once again these will either have to be bought of AH or through fishing, either way that +44 healing is crucial.

Warrior / Druid (Tank + Off tank + Dps)

Talbuk Steak - +20stamina and spirit for 30minutes, Mats are "Talbuk vension" Can be farmed of Talbuks in Nagrad.

So thats the food sorted, there is obviously alot more out there, however I feel those are easiest to obtain.

Potions

With one of the last patches blizzard made it so you can only have one battle and one guardian potion on you at the same time, the following is what I recommend.

/b]Warlocks / Shadow priests (Battle):[/b]

Elixir of Major Shadow Power (Battle) - Increases shadow damage by 55 for one hour, Mats are "1x Ancient lichen,1x nightmare vein" Mats can be costy for this potion, however it is vital for your class.

Mage (battle):

Depending on your spec:
Frost:

Elixir of Major Frost Power (battle) - Increases frost damage by 55 for one hour, Mats are "2x Mote of water, 1x ancient lichen" Mote of water you can easily farm, you will have to buy the ancient lichen tho.

Fire:

Elixir of Major Fire Power (battle) - Increases fire damage by 55 for one hour, Mats are "2x mote of fire, 1x ancient lichen" Same as above, you can farm the motes.

Mage / Warlock / Shadow priest (Guardians)

Elixir of Draenic Wisdom - Increases Intellect and spirit by 30 for one hour, Mats are "1x felweed, 1x terocone" Will have to be bought of Auction house or through someone in the guild.

Elixir of Major Mageblood - regenerates 16 mana every 5seconds, Mats are "1x Ancient lichen, 1x Netherbloom" - same as above.

Priest / Druid / Paladin / shaman (Holy) (Battle):

Elixir of Healing Power - Increases your healing by 50 for one hour, Mats are "1x Golden sansam, 1x Dreaming glory" - I recommend you buy these of auction house, they are dead cheap.

Guardian:

Same as mage/warlock/shadow priest.

Hunter / Rogue (Battle):

Elixir of Major Agility - Increases your agi by 35 and Crit strike rating by 20 (0.9%), Mats are "1x terocone, 1xfelweed" - Most likely cheaper to but the potions of auction house, rather then mats.

Guardian:

Elixir of Major Fortitude - increases health by 250 and restores 10health every 5seconds, Mats are "2x rageveil, 1xfelweed" - Mats are rather cheap on AH.

Hunters also take a look at Mages/warlocks/shadow priests guardians

Warrior/Druid (MT/OT) (Battle)

I'm not to sure what you can go for regarding a battle potions, however looking though the list the following looks a possibility

Elixir of Mastery - Increases all stats by 15 for one hour, Mats are "3x terocone, 1x felweed" - Potions will most likely be cheaper then the mats.

Elixir of Major Agility - Increases your agi by 35 and Crit strike rating by 20 (0.9%), Mats are "1x terocone, 1xfelweed" - Most likely cheaper to but the potions of auction house, rather then mats.

Guardian:

Elixir of Major Defense - Increases armor by 550 for 1hour, Mats are (3x ancient lichen, 1x terocone) - mats will probally be cheaper then the potions.

Elixir of Major Fortitude - increases health by 250 and restores 10health every 5seconds, Mats are "2x rageveil, 1xfelweed" - Mats are rather cheap on AH.

EVERYONE:
Healing potions
Mana potions(if u need)

Those potions are needed by EVERY class who can use them.

Thats the end of potions, if you have the mats then look for a alchemist exilir specced, and make sure you can keep the procs if he procs.

Flasks - The beauty of flasks is they persist through death, making it alot cheaper for you. you can only have ONE flask activated tho.

Mages/warlocks/shadow priests

Flask of Supreme Power - Increases damage done by spells and effects by 70 for two hours. Look on thottbot for mats, it will be cheaper to buy tho.

Rogues / hunters

Flask of Relentless Assault - Increases attack power by 120 for 2hours - Once again look on thottbot for mats, these sell for 35g each in auction house, sometimes cheaper

Healing classes:

I suggest sticking to pots for the time being, however I will dig out a flask you can use once I find one.

Warrior + Druid (OT/MT)

Flask of Fortification - Increases your health by 500 and defense rating by 10 (4.2) for two hours - same as Ive put for everything else.

Oils:

Warlocks / mages / shadow priests

Superior Wizard Oil - whilst applied to your weapon it increases spell damage by 42 for one hour. - check thott for mats, dead cheap on auction house.

Warlocks / Mages / Healing classes / shadow priests

Superior Mana Oil - while applied to weapon restores 14 mana every 5minutes, last 30minutes. - same as above

Drink:

Now you can get a alcoholic drink which gives you +10 stamina, am still trying to find out its name, will put it up here once I find it.

Well there it is, My list. I am fully aware I have missed classes such as:

Dps druids
Dps paladins
moonkins
shamans
(And maybe others)

However if you are one of them, then look though the list and use your common sense Happy
If you want to flame my list then by all means go ahead, I'm pretty sure there is alot of better potions I have missed (unlikely, but a possibility) so please feel free to add your own.

Also remember guys to READ tactics on the boss your going for the following raid.

good luck Happy

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Born To Reign Forum Index -> Raid Tactics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: